HOME > SCHOOL INFORMATION > School Matters > Online Portals > Portals for Students & Parents > Parent Gateway Mobile App
Parent Gateway Mobile App
About the Parent Gateway Mobile App
The Parent Gateway(PG) Mobile App is an initiative by MOE to enable parents to interact with schools more conveniently on administrative and financial matters. Parents will also be able to use this app to stay updated on school’s programme and activities.
The PG App will be implemented in all schools over the course of 2019. If you have two or more children and they are in different schools, you will be able to receive notifications for all your children on the same PG App.
The free app will bring several benefits, including:
- Providing parents with timely information about school events
(eg, enrichment and CCA activities)
- Enabling parents to perform a range of functions including giving consent for school trips
- Reducing usage of paper and decreasing environmental impact (hard-copies will no longer be provided)
We strongly encourage all parents to download and use the PG App as it will bring significant benefits for parents, teachers and the school.
Bowen will use PG to communicate with parents from 2019
Currently, we send letters to parents through hard-copies that students pass to their parents. These include letters about termly / ad-hoc activities, as well as letters from the General Office about finance or billing matters. From 2019, the school will communicate with parents through MOE’s Parents Gateway (PG) Mobile App. The timeline for implementation will be as follows:
November ~ December 2018
- Parents to download the PG App onto their mobile phone (available both iOS and Android platforms)
- Perform a one-time registration process You mayt refer to the step-by-step guide below.
January to February 2019
- Parents will continue to receive hard-copy letters through their children
- School will send out the same letters through the PG App
1 March 2019 onward,
- Parents will only receive the letters through the PG App
- The school will stop sending hard-copy letters to parents.
(If there are parents who are unable to access the PG App, the child's Form Teachers will assist them separately.)
Mr. Muhammad Nurikhwan
ICT Associate, Bowen Secondary School
Time: 9 am and 4 pm, Mondays ~ Fridays. (except public holidays)
Step-by-Step Guide - Setting up the PG Mobile App
Step 1 – Setup your SingPass and 2FA
- SingPass and 2-Factor Verification (2FA) is required to access the PG App.SingPass is available to all Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Resident parents. If you have not yet registered for SingPass, or 2FA, please visit the SingPass website to do so. If you are not a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR), you may also visit the SingPass website to find out if you are eligible for SingPass.
- You may also scan the QR codes below to access the respective portals
Step 2 – Download the Parents Gateway Mobile App
- Open the Apple App Store or Google Play Store app on your mobile phone.
- Search for the ‘Parents Gateway’ mobile app
- Download and install the app onto your phone.
- Enable ‘Allow Notifications’ to receive push notifications.
Note: Supported OS Versions - Android 6.0 or later & iOS 9.1 or later
You may also scan the QR codes below to access the respective portals
Step 3 – One-Time On-boarding
Tap on “Log in with SingPass”
|2||Log in with your SingPass (2FA)|
|3||Tap on “Retrieve” to retrieve your child(ren)’s information.|
on “Done” to complete the registration process.|
should see your child(ren)’s school announcements and activities.|