Learner Main Banner (2020)
Leader Main Banner (2020)
Champion Main Banner (2020)
ChANgeMakers Main Banner (2020)
The Bowen Experience
The Bowen Experience Banner
News & Events View all Events
Vaccination for Sec 4 and 5 students
Vaccination for Sec 4 and 5 students: Sec 4/5 parents will start receiving the SMS invitation from Tues, 1 Jun. Upon receiving the SMS, parents should
- Quickly book preferred dates before the slots are open to other groups.
- Please plan the dates carefully. If possible, get the first dose before Term 3.
- Avoid scheduling 2nd dose during Oral Exams or Listening Comprehension.
- Do refer to our Recommended Timeline for Vaccination for graduating students.
Choosing the Right School
MOE has just announced the indicative PSLE Score ranges for secondary schools. How do you know if Bowen will be the right school for you / your child? In Bowen, we develop our students to be:
- Learners – our academic programmes stretch our students and offer them authentic opportunities to learn beyond Bowen
- Leaders – our programmes develop leadership and life skills that will help our students seize opportunities and be resilient to challenges in life
- Champions – our ChANgeMaker programme nurtures compassion in our students and teaches them to champion the rights for the less-privileged, in Singapore and beyond
Scroll through our school’s website to find out more about our school.
Click on the link https://go.gov.sg./bowensec for videos on our school’s programmes.
Join us for our school’s Open House on Saturday 20 November, 2021.
More information will provided in the second half of the year.
Term Assessment 2 / Mid-Year Examination Schedule
You can find the Term Assessment 2/Mid-Year Examinations Schedule in the links below
|Sec 1||2021 MYE Letter Sec 1.pdf
||2021 TA 2 Timetable Sec 1.pdf
|Sec 2||2021 MYE Letter Sec 2.pdf||2021 MYE Timetable Sec 2.pdf|
|Sec 3||2021 MYE Letter Sec 3.pdf||2021 TA 2 Timetable Sec 3.pdf|
|Sec 4 and 5||2021 MYE Letter Sec 4n5.pdf
||2021 MYE Timetable Sec 4n5.pdf
2021 Term 2 Letters for Sec 1 -4/5
Online Purchase of textbooks and Uniforms 2021
Due to COVID-19, the sales of textbooks and uniforms this year will be conducted online to manage the number of visitors to the school and to ensure crowds are kept to the minimum. This is done to safeguard the health of our students and parents. Do note that instructions for Sec 1 and Sec 2-4/5 are slightly different. Please click on the links below to access the correct information.
You can download the 2o21 booklist from the table below. Please note that the booklist for students with SBB subjects are a different set. Do download the correct set as the cost for each set is different
|Stream||Express||Normal Academic||Normal Technical|
|Sec 1||S1 EXP_Rv1.pdf
|Sec 1 with SBB||N.A.||S1 NA-SBB_Rv1.pdf
|Level / Stream||Express||Normal Academic||Normal Technical|
|Sec 2||S2 EXP.pdf
|Sec 3||S3 EXP.pdf||S3 NA.pdf||S3 NT.pdf|
|Sec 4 /5||S4 EXP.pdf||S4 NA.pdf||S4 NT.pdf|
Safety Measures for all PE lessons
Bowenians are to take note of the following Covid-19 Safety Measures put in place for all PE lessons
- All students are to be in proper PE attire for all PE lessons .
- Wearing of Masks: All students to put on masks on their way to / after PE lessons .
- All students are to bring along a day pack to store:
- Personal water bottle (filled up at the start of the lesson).
- No student will be allowed to use the water cooler to prevent cross contamination due to congestion at water points)
"Learning for Life" Letters (Level/Stream-Specific)
The following letters (customised to level/stream) emphasises on the school's focus on Learning for Life (LFL), i.e. deep and authentic learning to help Bowenians become much more curious, creative, collaborative, and confident learners. It also contains information on the 2020 academic assessment criteria
Enhanced school measures for novel coronavirus
MOE will be enhancing precautionary measures in view of the novel coronavirus situation. These include daily temperature taking and Leave of Absence (LOA) for students and staff with a travel history to China . You may refer to the following press releases.
Students are to bring their Oral Digital Thermometer (ODT) every day . Daily temperature taking will take place in respective classrooms before proceeding with lesson / assembly / cohort briefing. To facilitate the visual screening of student and staff at the foyer, the school's back gate will not operate in the morning. Please enter by the front gates .
The school strongly advises students and their families to monitor their health and adopt good personal hygiene habits. Parents should seek immediate medical attention for their children if unwell, and ensure that their children recover fully before they return to school for classes. The school will work closely with students on LOA by supporting them with a home-based learning plan, which will enable them to continue with their learning. Let’s continue to keep good personal hygiene and stay healthy.
Piloting Full Subject-Based Banding starting 2020
Bowen Secondary is one of the 28 secondary schools selected by MOE to start piloting aspects of Full Subject-Based Banding (Full SBB) from 2020. For more information, please follow this link >>>