The Bowen Humanities programme aims to develop informed, concerned and participative citizens who cares deeply for his family, community and nation. He takes on an active role in bettering the lives of other around him.
The department strives to develop a creative and inquiring mind; one who is able to think critically and has the necessary dispositions and skills to take on challenges of the future. This is achieved through the use of Inquiry-based learning as well as the various programmes.
- act upon their curiosity and interests;
- develop questions;
- think their way through controversies or dilemmas;
- look at problems analytically;
- inquire into their preconceptions and what they already know;
- develop, clarify, and test hypotheses; and,
- draw inferences and generate possible solutions.
Historical & Social Studies Investigations
- Secondary 1 - Fort Canning, National Museum of Singapore
- Secondary 2 - National Museum of Singapore
- Secondary 4 & 5 - Internal Security Department, Heritage Gallery